Friday, June 21, 2013

The Farm

I am practicing acting like a French woman. While I do not yet know exactly what that means, I am taking advice from "Why French Women Don't Get Fat". Mireille Guiliano says a piece of chocolate is good- 8 ounces of meat-Bad. A morsel or two of cheese- good, polishing off a whole bottle of wine- bad. Walking...alot - best! So, I have taken to an after dinner stroll with purpose. On the farm, this is easy as there are hundreds of acres to wander upon.
Last night, the kids were riding bikes to my brothers house and I followed them on foot. With the boisterous crowd far ahead of me, the evening sounds and sunset colors surrounded me. The still air was filled with songs of cicadas and crickets, then peepers and croaking bullfrogs coming up from the pond. Fireflies lit the way as dark took over the day.
What a wonderful way to start our year away from home.



No comments: