Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Bit of Color

   The kids are frequently jumping in the pool, flowers are blooming profusely and spring is here. We have had friends visiting, seeing some new sights of Provence and generally enjoying our joie de vivre.
   As we are off to Antibes this morning, I offer you a quick post of the colors of Provence from the past week. A friend commented how all the flowers are purple, a color so often associated with Provence- lilacs, iris, wisteria and others I don't know the names of. She is right, though we passed an amazing field of brilliant red poppies today...
Crabapple tree behind my house.
My living staircase coming to life.
Le chat being intoxicated by the aroma of the wisteria, or maybe she is just after a bee.
Quince tree in full bloom, I am sorry I won't be able to enjoy the fruit.
The top of the highest point around us- a glorious view all around.
And here are the poppies.

No comments: