Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Saying Good Bye is Tres Difficile

   Bags are in the car, house is clean and we are very patiently awaiting our return to the USA. Yes, we are all very excited to see our friends and family. But as I watch my kids move about today, there is a sense of mourning. I feel it too. Our neighbors, our commune, have become family. Being 5,000 miles away is significant and while the Internet makes the world a small place, there is no arguing that we are far apart.
   While I fully intend on returning to France within a year or so, it will most likely be longer before I can spring for 4 tickets for all of us to return to Provence. The kids already ask when they can come back, which makes me feel like the year abroad was a success. I can not commit to when we will all be able to return, but it will happen, someday. And even though many miles separate us, I am thrilled to have these new friends and know we will be reunited in the not so far off future.
   So, without much of a pity party, I want to say a bientot to my friends, family and life en France. C'etait un super annee. Merci.



 
 

1 comment:

Daniel said...

thx enjoyed reading