Friday, February 28, 2014

My Wonderful Reminder

   We have returned from 5 fun-filled days of Venetian fun. We were so lucky to have beautiful weather the whole time, and we got to experience the amazing Carnevale costumes. Best of all was time spent with a cherished friend of days past!
   Before I go on about Venice though, I wanted to share my most prized souvenir from our year in France. A good friend painted the most wonderful image of my house, capturing its peace and warmth, even in the coldest months. He sketched the house with pen, then watercolored it. I adore it and can't wait to admire it on my wall in Colorado, a constant reminder of our year spent abroad and with these remarkable people.

artist - David Sibbald 


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love David's picture - please tell him. You will treasure it and the memories it brings back.