Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Ho, Ho, Ho- Merry Christmas Wishes to You!

   Christmas Eve was a festive one with our neighbors joining us for aperitifs which consist of all kinds of nibbles like fresh dates, nuts, smoked salmon, tuna butter on olive bread, oysters on the half shell, cheeses, chocolates and of course, rose. The rain has been falling for a few days and as the days are so short, it was still dark this morning at nearly 8:00, but my kids were rearing to go before 7:00. My head was a bit fuzzy with the ubiquitous overindulgence that so often happens on Christmas eve, but I was ready to watch the youngsters tear into their packages like savages.
   They considerately tiptoed down to open their stockings which were chock full of socks and more chocolate. and fun little toys. The colorful boxes under the sparkling tree were picture perfect. Our tree has grown on me. At first, I thought it was an overgrown Charlie Brown tree, but now I think it is one of my all-time favorites covered with homemade ornaments and twinkling lights. Somehow, those ornaments are going to have to come back to the States with me.
   More food will adorn our table later this evening, but for "brunch" we had scrambled eggs infused with truffle. Did I tell  you I bought my first truffle? I think I have not, so that will be an upcoming story.
   For now, I will like to wish you a very happy holiday and would like to share the e-Christmas card I made for family and friends.
Christmas Eve

Caroling 
And more caroling
Merry Christmas
http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a6b784f4459324d44633d0d0a&blogview=true
If you click this link, it will take you to our e-card.



 

No comments: